A shaving-cream is cosmetic lotion applied to the skin before shaving with a razor. In fact, shaving cream creates a thin layer of protection between the blade and the skin so as to ensure less friction and to minimize on the risk of redness, razor-burn, and skin-irritation.
So, our experts tested different types of shaving creams for men and agreed that Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood & Proraso Shaving Cream are the best Shaving gels and foams.
Detailed Review Of The Best Shaving Creams For Men:
#1st CHOICE: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream:
This Cream is designed to prepare your beard for shaving while moisturizing the skin. it features a rich woody blend of exotic sweet-scented sandalwood that leaves your skin smelling great after shaving while the included shaving-bowl makes lathering easy.
- It prepares your beard for shaving and moisturizes the face thus making it a perfect choice for people with dry-skins.
- It features a rich woody-blend of exotic sweet scented sandalwood and cedar with lavender and rosemary in order to give-off a subtle floralcy, jasmine and rose smell.
- It includes a Sandalwood shaving-cream-bowl that makes lathering easy.
#2nd CHOICE: Proraso Shaving Cream:
Proraso is a refreshing and toning Shaving cream formulated for any beard so as to ensure a closer and comfortable shave. This creamy-soap produces thick and elastic lather because it’s enriched with natural ingredients that make it concentrated and rich. It’s also made with a special “hot-soap” process and then left to mature in small-batches for up to 3-days hence producing an extremely fine, thick and creamy-soap that can give-off a soft and rich lather. Proraso shaving-cream also includes Glycerin which helps the blade to glide smoothly in order reduce razor-burn and rashes while Eucalyptus-Oil tones and purifies your facial-hair and skin. Additionally, Menthol helps to refresh and revitalize the skin in order to allow men achieve a refreshing shaving-experience.
- It’s suitable for every type of skin and beard in order to provide every man with a great shaving-experience.
- It contains Eucalyptus-oil that helps to tone and purify the skin and facial-hairs.
- It’s made with a traditional vegetable stearin-based formula with no artificial-chemicals.
- Enriched with nourishing botanical and natural oils to protect the skin before, during and after shaving. These oils even help the blade to glide smoothly over the skin reducing on razor-burn and rashes.
- It offers a close and comfortable shave while protecting the skin hence leaving it soft and hydrated.
- Creates rich and thick lather that protects calms and soothes skins prone to irritation.
#3rd CHOICE: Cremo Original Shave Cream:
Cremo shaving-cream is made out of super-slick molecules that provide a slippery interface between a sharp-blade and sensitive-skin. This implies that you’ll be able to enjoy an effortlessly close shave with virtually no skin-irritation. Each Cremo Shave-Cream is formulated to make your grooming ritual quick, reliable and enjoyable. All in all, this shaving-cream is inspired by the latest insights of cosmetic science and a deep respect for tradition so as to provide you with the most amazing shaving experience.
- It’s a superior shaving cream that dramatically reduces nicks and razor burn during and after shaving.
- It will provide you with the closest and most comfortable wet-shave.
- This cream allows the shaver/razor to glide effortlessly over the skin to leave it feeling smooth.
- It features a concentrated formula that requires only one almond sized squeeze for application over the skin in order to achieve a great shave.
- It’s made with the best natural-ingredients which include Macadamia Seed-Oil, Aloe, Calendula-Extract, Lemon-Extract, Papaya-Extract and Olive-Leaf Extract.
#4th CHOICE: Kyoku For Men Sake Infused Shaving Cream For Sensitive Skin:
The Kyoku for men shaving-cream combines potent skin softening agents and friction-free silicone micro-particles that create a perfect shaving-environment for men. The ingredients in this cream provide a rich cushioning lather that facilitates for a smooth and pain-free shaving experience thus making it a perfect choice for men with sensitive skin skin-types. Additionally, this shaving-cream infuses your skin with deep lubrication and hydration throughout the shaving process. All in all, the incredible properties of the kyoku shaving-cream help to fight acne and effectively kill any bacteria that lies deep beneath the surface thus leaving you with a flawless looking skin.
- It’s a rejuvenating shaving cream with friction-free, silicone micro-particle technology.
- It will give you the smoothest shaving experience with minimized skin-irritation.
- It ensures consistent and efficient skin-to-blade contact in an effort to significantly reduce drag while shaving.
- It’s formulated using hypoallergenic ingredients with special healing properties that work as anti-inflammatory agents.
- Its extracted from fermented rice bran that is an ancient skin softener that cleans, intensely moisturizes and nourishes the skin
- Its dual phase cellular anti-inflammatory complex leads to long term changes in your skin’s response to the shaving process.
#5th CHOICE: Gillette Fusion HydraGel Shave Gel Moisturizing:
The Gillette Fusion HydraGel Shave-Gel contains a proprietary formula with aloe in order to provide you with the most Comfortable Shave. Its hydrating emollients and lubricants form an invisible layer that protects the skin from the first stroke to the last while shaving. All in all, the Gillette Fusion HydraGel Ultra-Sensitive Shave Gel with aloe is designed to meet the shaving-needs of men who have sensitive skins.
- Advanced skin-glide technology that facilitates for a smooth & comfortable shave.
- It ensures a clean, close and comfortable shave no-matter the type of shaving-tool you’re using.
- It helps to hydrate and soften facial-hairs so as to facilitate for a quick & easy shaving.
- It protects the the skin from irritations while shaving.
- It helps to lock-in moisture within the the skin thus making it look and feel healthy even after shaving.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
Can you use a shaving-cream on pubic area?
Yes, A good shaving-cream will help to hydrate hair, enhance razor glide, and protect your skin as you shave the pubic area.
What happens if you shave without shaving cream?
Trimming hair without using a shaving cream can actually cause razor bumps and ingrown hairs. So, you should consider using shaving-cream always in-case you have a sensitive skin.
How to use a shaving cream:
- Wet your skin with warm water to open up the pores and soothe your skin so that you get a smoother and cleaner shave. Incase you’re going to shave your face, it’s probably easier to use a washcloth than to stand in the shower.
- Lather the shaving cream into your hands and then rub your palms together for easy application. Do this for about 5-seconds until the shaving-cream looks smooth and frothy.
- Consider using a shaving brush and a bowl to make the shaving cream smoother. So, pour the shaving cream into a shaving bowl and then use a shaving-brush to swirl it around for about 1-minute until it looks white and frothy. However, you only need to use a shaving bowl and brush if you’re shaving the face.
- Take and rub the shaving cream onto your skin while applying a thick layer all over the area you would like to shave. In fact, you should not be able to see your skin at all under the layer of shaving cream.
- Begin shaving the face in the direction your hair grows while using short strokes with your razor. Pull the razor across your face with the grain of your hair in-order to reduce on irritation and razor burn once you’re finished.
- Shave against the direction your hair grows on your legs. Pass the razor over each section for multiple times to give your legs a silky smooth finish. However, make sure you’re using a new or fresh razor that hasn’t been used too many times because a dull razor can cut your legs or give you a rash. On the other hand, if you get ingrown hairs often, then try shaving in the direction that your hair grows instead.
- Consider shaving with the grain of your hair and in short strokes on the pubic-area. Additionally, try pulling back any loose skin with your free hand and rinse-off the razor periodically in-order to see what you’re doing. Try to also go super slow around sensitive areas so that you don’t accidentally cut yourself. Remember to use a hand mirror to look at areas that may be difficult to see.
- Rinse-off any shaving cream with water and consider holding toilet paper against a cut until it stops bleeding if you happen to get one. In case your skin feels irritated, then use cold water to help soothe your pores.
- Pat your skin dry using a microfiber-towel and then apply baby-oil or any moisturizer to keep your skin soft. In fact, applying lotions with aloe-vera can help to reduce on razor-burn. Additionally, you can apply aftershave if you shaved your face.
Advantages of using a shaving cream:
+ Its quick and easy to apply.
+ It ensures less friction while shaving.
+ Cheap and easily available at any store.
+ Shaving gels or creams hydrate both the skin & the hair.
+ Shaving creams help in raising the hair for easy trimming.
+ Made of natural ingredients that hydrate and nourish the skin.
+ It creates a thin layer of protection between the blade and the skin.
+ Moisturizes your skin hence resulting in less irritation as you shave.
+ It minimizes the risk of redness, razor-burn, and skin-irritation when shaving.
+ The extra thick lather draws out oil from whiskers to make them easier to shave off.
Disadvantages of using shaving creams:
– Some shaving-creams are harsh on the skin.
– Sometimes contain harmful ingredients that can cause irritation.
– Fragrances in some shaving-creams can cause allergies in some people.
– Chemicals contained in the shaving-creams may cause irritation & discomfort.
– Shaving creams often contain a solvent that helps some ingredients to dissolve into others and can cause dry skin and other irritations
>Best Oral Lubricants.
>Best Anti Aging Creams.
>Best Beard Moisturizers.
>Best Aftershaves for Men.
>Best Oil Based Lubricants.
>Best Natural Shaving Soaps.