A beard-trimmer is a hand-held powered device used to cut men’s beards to a specific length. In fact, these trimmers are designed for edging, outlining, dry shaving and light shaping on small areas like; back of the neck, around the ears, around sideburns, beards on chin, and a lot more.
So, Our experts made research on different Beard and stubble Trimmers on the market today and came to agree that the Bevel Cordless Beard Trimmer and Wahl Professional Beret Lithium Ion are the Best Electric Beard-Trimmers.
If you’re looking for an affordable beard-trimmer, then you should consider getting the Remington MB4700 Smart Beard Trimmer because it’s a highly rated and offers a closer shave.
Review for the Best Beard and Stubble Trimmers:
#1st CHOICE: Bevel Cordless Beard Trimmer with Zero Gap Dial & High Power:
The Bevel is a Cordless, Rechargeable, Tool-Free, Zero Gap Dial & High-Power Beard Trimmer designed to provide you with a great shaving experience. In fact, this trimmer features multiple length-setting with quick-adjustments using the Bevel-Dial. Likewise, this trimmer provides consistent Power with or without a cord while its blades can blades repel dirt, oil and build-up to help prevent irritation. On the other hand, this beard-trimmer features a soft-touch grip and custom-faceted body which provides you with superior control and 360 degree non-slip handling. Lastly, this device can provide 4+ hours of cordless power when fully charged.
|Bevel Dial||Yes (Quick-adjustments)|
|Integrated Vacuum System||No|
|Corded And Cordless Use||Yes|
|Battery-Duration||4+ hours of cordless power.|
#2nd CHOICE: Wahl Professional Beret Lithium Ion Cord/Cordless Trimmer:
The Wahl Professional Beret Lithium Ion Cord/Cordless Trimmer is designed to help men trim it all from head to toe. This beard-trimmer is equipped with unique Self Sharpening Blades Technology in-order to facilitate for long-lasting performance while its dual-voltage design allows it to operate on 110volt or 220volts thus making a it a perfect choice for international-use or travels. Additionally, this beard-trimmer features 4 Different Attachments Heads which include; A Precision T-Blade for Trimming, outlining, grooming and touch-ups, A Detail shaver for shaving and outlining, A Detail trimmer for general detailing of beards and goatees, An Ear, nose and brow trimmer for hygienic trimming of nose, ears and brow hairs. On the other hand, this wahl beard-trimmer features a powerful Lithium-Ion battery that provides up to 3-hours of run time at twice the torque while its 1-minute quick charge function can provide you with 3-minutes of use. This beard-trimmer also comes with a series of heads and guide combs that allow guys to groom it all from head to toe. Lastly, it gives both cord and cordless options and can be recharged in the stand.
|Ear, Nose And Brow Trimmer||Yes|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion 2.0 technology|
|Included Attachments||4 Different Attachments Heads|
|Rotary Ear And Nose Trimmer||Yes|
|Dual Voltage/International Use||Yes|
|Auto Charge Off||Yes|
|Quick Charge||Yes (1-minute quick charge)|
#3rd CHOICE: Philips Norelco BG2039/42 MultiGroom Beard, Stubble and Body Trimmer – Review:
The Philips Norelco Body-groomer BG2039/42 is a skin-friendly beard and body trimmer with a dual-sided design in-order to allow you trim and shave your entire body from head to toe. In fact, this beard trimmer/shaver features a 3-D pivoting shaving head that prevents nicks and cuts while capturing long and short hairs in a single stroke and its Built-in body trimming comb with 5 length settings can comfortably glide over the skin while trimming even the thickest hair. Likewise, this beard-trimmer and body-shaver features an ergonomic design with soft rubber side panels and buttons that provide a secure and comfortable grip in both wet and dry conditions while the integrated pre-trimmers located on both sides allow you to achieve a close shave without having to go over the same area twice.
On the other hand, this beard-trimmer ensures a skin-friendly shave and it even features a bottom high-performance trimmer that can slide-out on either a 5-length body comb or 5-length beard comb in-order to help you get the look you want with no-hassle and no-attachments needed while its water resistant facilitates for shaving under wet and dry conditions coupled with easier cleanup. Lastly, this beard-trimmer features self-sharpening blades that never need maintenance or lubrication and it’s even equipped with a powerful lithium battery for cordless shaving.
|Head-Type||3-D Pivoting Head|
|Wet & Dry Operation||Yes|
|Blade Type||Hypo-Allergenic & Self-Sharpening Blades|
|Beard Comb||Yes (With 5-Lengths)|
|Body Comb||Yes (With 5-Lengths)|
|Charging & Storage Stand||Yes|
|Soft Touch Grip||Yes|
#4th CHOICE: Braun Rechargeable 9-in-1 Beard Trimmer:
The Braun MGK3980 is Cordless 9-in-1 Beard Trimmer, Hair-Clipper, Ear & Nose Trimmer, Body-Groomer, Detail-Trimmer designed to perfectly trim your beards at all times. In fact, it offers 9 precision styling jobs in one device which include: stubble, short, medium and long beards, body grooming, ear and nose trimming. It includes 4 combs with 13 precision length settings from 0.5-to-21mm while the lifetime lasting sharp blades provide ultimate precision when shaving beards. This Braun multi grooming kit also automatically adapts to any voltage between 100V and 240V. Likewise, this device can provide up-to 60 minutes of cordless trimming and Quick Charge with no performance loss. Lastly, its 100% waterproof for in-shower use and easy cleaning yet its designed to prevent operation when plugged in for maximum safety.
|Combs||4-combs from 1-to-21 mm|
|Full size trimmer||Yes|
|Ear & Nose trimmer||Yes|
|Running/charge time||60-minute trimming & Full charge in 1-hour|
|Wet & Dry||Yes|
|LED charging indicator||Yes|
|Length-Settings||13 precision length settings|
#5th CHOICE: Remington MB4900 Beard & Stubble Trimmer:
The Remington MB4900 is an All-in-1 Lithium Powered Trimmer and Grooming Kit that is designed to cater for all your beard and body grooming needs. This beard-trimmer comes with 7 attachments which include; a full- size trimmer, foil-shaver and detail trimmer, a hair clipper comb with 8 length-settings, 5 beard and stubble combs coupled with a storage/travel pouch that makes it a perfect trimmer for travelers.
On the other hand, this beard-trimmer features self-sharpening, surgical steel blades that stay sharp and are long-lasting while the integrated lithium battery is rechargeable and can provide up to 5-hours of powerful and cordless run-time. Likewise, this Remington beard-trimmer features an ergonomic-handle with textured grips so as to facilitate for firm holding and control at any angle when shaving while all the included attachments are washable under the faucet.
|Detail Foil Shaver||Yes|
|Nose, Ear & Eyebrow Trimmer||Yes|
|Attachment Combs||Beard, Stubble & Haircut Combs|
|Battery-Duration||5-Hours after a full-charge|
|surgical steel blades||Yes|
|hair clipper comb||Yes (with 8 length settings)|
|Number of Attachments||7 attachments|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Can you use a beard trimmer for pubic hair?
Yes, beard trimmers are designed to trim hair in sensitive skin areas. So, this makes them perfect for grooming pubic hair or even armpit hair.
Why do barbers use trimmers?
Trimmers are actually lightweight and compact which makes them great for detailing, refining, and outlining haircuts, facial-designs and eyebrow-trimming.
How to use a beard trimmer:
- Choose the right trimmer: There are various types of trimmers but consider getting a beard trimmer that will provide enough power while shaving. So, get a trimmer with a long-lasting battery and waterproof design for best results.
- Find the right beard length: The best way to find the length that works for you is to completely shave the face and let your facial hair grow back. Once you reach the desired length, use a trimmer to maintain it.
- Apply oil into the trimmer: Make sure that your trimmer is oiled-up by adding a few drops of oil over the blades and then run your trimmer. However, this only applies to beard trimmers which needs oil to keep working properly. Modern cordless trimmers don’t require any oiling.
- Start shaving your beards: Point the trimmer blades up and shave up against the grain. After, position the flat part of the beard comb against the face so as to get the best results. If you don’t see any change in the beard length, then consider switching to a lower guard.
- Switch to a lower shaving guard: While using a lower guard, trim the hair from your Adam’s apple to just under your jawline. Shave in an upward motion and incase you want to go shorter than a 1 guard then remove the guard and shave with the blades on the trimmer.
- Clean-up any stray hair: To get an even shave, look into the mirror for any stray hairs. So, get your trimmer carefully trim any strays if you happen to notice them.
- Remove the guard for shorter beard styles: To get a 5 o’clock shadow, just shave your entire face and neck without a guard. This will leave you with stubble. Smile with your mouth closed in-order to trim the hair above your upper lip in an even line.
- Always place a wastebasket below to catch the clippings: Beard-trimmer release a lot of small clippings as you shave. So, consider placing a wastebasket below you when shaving to reduce on the mess.
- Clean the trimmer guards after shaving: After shaving, remove any guards on the trimmer and rinse them using soap and water in the sink. Rinse the guards with warm water to remove any remaining hair.
- Thoroughly clean the trimmer: Use the brush that came with the beard trimmer to remove any hair that is caked into the trimmer’s head and blades. After removing all the hair the trimmer, place the blade head back onto the clipper and run the clippers for a few seconds. Lastly, unless you have a waterproof trimmer, never run it under water because this may spoil the trimmer or even cause rust to the blades.
Advantages of a beard trimmer:
+ Its safer and more reliable.
+ Prevents skin irritation and rash.
+ Provides a 5 o’clock shadow look easily.
+ Provide highly accurate and precise trimming.
+ Cordless trimmers are portable and convenient.
+ Service life of a trimmer-machine is very long.
+ Trimmers will not cause cuts and scratches on the skin.
+ Trimmers prevent ingrown hair by not disturbing the hair follicles.
+ Multipurpose and can trim hairs on the chest, eat, neck and bikini-area.
+ Feature hypoallergenic blades which are great for men with sensitive skin.
+ Allow you to trim hair at different lengths by using multi-size comb accessories and adjustable blades.
Disdvantages of a beard trimmer:
– A good trimmer is expensive.
– Trimmers cannot be used on wet hair.
– It cannot completely remove the hair.
All the featured beard trimmers are designed to help you groom your body hair from head-to-toe with optimum comfort. In fact, these body-groomers come with different attachments-combs in-order to help you maintain you head-hair, facial-hair, legs/arms hair, pubic-hair, nose and ear hair by simply using am All-in-one grooming kit.
>5 Best Electric Shavers Reviewed.
>5 Best Braun Electric Shavers – Men’s Razors Reviewed.
>5 Best Panasonic Electric-Shavers – Men’s Razors Review.