A beard balm acts as a leave-in conditioner that moisturizes, conditions, styles and softens your beard. In fact, most beard-balms are formulated to condition, boost hair growth and seal in moisture so as to keep your beard looking fresh and shinny at all times.
So, If you want to soften and moisturize your coarse beard using a beard-balm, then you should consider getting Honest Amish Beard Balm or Smooth Viking’s Beard Balm because they are the Best Beard-Balms on the market today.
Detailed Reviews Of The Best Beard Balms For Men:
#1st CHOICE: Honest Amish Beard Balm & Leave-in Conditioner – All Natural:
Honest Amish Beard Balm is just an exceptional balm that is formulated to be the best and superior to any beard oil or conditioner out there. It is created from only the finest organic ingredients available on the market with a blend of hair strengthening botanicals mixed in ingredients like virgin argan, grapeseed, virgin pumpkin, apricot kernel oils and at least avocado. Addition of fruits and butters enable it to do the softening and conditioning bit of it on top of dry splitting and nourishing the proper growth of your beard. You will not get any sort of itching from our balm as it does a great task of conditioning to your skin.
- Softens, conditions, repairs, dries splitting hairs and nourishes new growth.
- Stops the Itch and Eliminates Beardruff
- Works great on course and fine beards.
- NO artificial chemicals, preservatives and fake fragrances.
- Hair enhancing essential oils.
#2nd CHOICE: Smooth Viking’s Beard Balm:
The Viking’s Beard Balm is an all-natural, beard-boosting powerhouse which is formulated to ensure the best of your beard as it is packed with several boosters that will do a great role to your beard’s looks and feel of it. Things like shea butter, avocado oil, argan oil, beeswax, mango butter, castor oil , sweet almond oil, and pure essential oils. You will stay styled up with a manageable beard regardless of its length. It is able to provide strength, hydration and will hold right from the root without unnecessary breaking to its tip. You will not need any sort of cruel chemicals to manage your beard as this balm will do it requires to have your beard in order.
- Thicken your Beard Without Fuss.
- Encourages Beard Growth.
- An All Natural Solution to Beard Care.
- Mess-free and ideal for Mustaches Too.
- Superior beard hold, softening and shaping.
#3rd CHOICE: Beard Balm by Rocky Mountain Barber:
Our premium beard balm provides you with the beard control you need to keep up with you throughout the day and will have you looking great day & night. Step up your grooming game, and give your beard home court advantage each and every day.
- Features over eight essential oils that are all-natural.
- Gives you the style and control you want without weighing down or leaving the beard feeling greasy or oily.
- Gives off a light masculine scent of eucalyptus and cedar.
- The all-aluminum canister means you can bring it with you anywhere.
#4th CHOICE: Beard Balm by Liberty Grooming:
This beard balm is designed for all sorts of beards but mostly the brittle or the unruly that are sometimes dry. It will condition up the beard and improve your beard softness and strength. It also styles facial hair and locks in moisture which makes it possible to keep the beard soft. It is an everywhere balm as it suits the modern man and perfect for the bush, boardroom and also the bedroom.
- This balm will Put an end to wiry and itchy hair and help you to keep a soft and strong beard with its quality high end natural ingredients.
- This balm will also give you an amazing smell that everyone will love. It brings a subtle manly smell that will take you back to your roots in nature.
- The beeswax enables you to style your beard without finding any difficulty thus getting a perfectly shaped beard.
- The balm also comes with no risks involved under using it.
#5th CHOICE: Prophet and Tools 2 IN 1 Deluxe White Beard Balm-Wax:
The Prophet and Tools beard balm is here to make you a manliest beard that you have been looking for. This balm penetrates each and every hair of your beard and gives it total smoothness with manageability. The beard hair turns out to be soft due to the powerful, nutrient rich and advanced formula that comes in this balm. It has a combination of different natural oils and vitamins that are used but never leave any greasy residue behind but rather promote growth, prevent itching and also bring up dryness with help of natural ingredients in its formulation hence giving you a shiny and full beard.
- This beard balm will give you faster hair growth accompanied with style the moment you start using it as it easily thickens hair to give it full styled effects.
- This balm is also suitable for all beard colors. It does not change the color of the beard or even leave any residue on your beard once used. All it does is enhance the color to its original looks.
- It is non greasy, easy to use and a quick absorbent to the hair. The moment its used in the hands, applied to the hair,, it brings out the best in you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
Is beard-balm better than beard-oil?
Beard-oils are best for people in the beginning stages of growing out their beard while beard-balms are best for maintaining the beard in later stages. Additionally, beard-balms are good for men who want more structure to their facial hair while beard-oils are great for men who need an extra layer of skincare.
When should I apply beard balm?
The best time to apply a beard balm is after taking a shower. This is because your beard will be completely clean and soft hence making applying the balm easier.
What are the different types of beard-balms?
There are 2 types of beard balms and these include; waxy beard balm or a buttery beard balm. So, it will depend on the texture of your beard and how much hold want when choosing a specific beard-balm type.
Can you use beard balm everyday?
Yes, consider using a beard balm every single day as part of your grooming routine in-order to help protect, style and condition your beards.
Should I apply beard balm to a wet beard?
Yes, you can apply beard balm to a dry or damp beard. However, you need to follow the instructions provided on how to apply the beard-balm because some balms can be applied on wet-hair while other maybe applied only on dry hair.
Should I use both beard-oil and beard-balm?
Yes, its highly recommended to use both beard-oil and beard-balm for maximum results. So, you will need to first wash your hair, apply the bead-oil and then finish by applying the beard-balm.
Should I wash off the beard-balm?
Yes, you should always wash-out the beard-balm everyday just before going to bed so that it doesn’t sit on your skin and cause breakouts and irritation.
Who should use beard balm?
Men who want their beards to look thicker, healthy and shinny should consider using beard-balms daily. In fact, beard-balms act as an all-in-one beard moisturizer, conditioner, and styling aid.
How to Apply Beard Balm:
- First wash your beard and leave it damp: So, wash your beard with a mild cleanser and then pat your face and beard with a towel after rinsing out the cleanser. In fact, its recommended to apply beard balm when your facial hair and skin underneath are damp. Additionally, make it a routine to apply your beard balm when you get out of the shower or wash your face in the morning.
- Scoop a dime-sized amount of beard balm using the fingers: After, rub the beard balm between your hands to warm it up and then spread it out over your fingers so that it’s easier to apply.
- Use your fingers to work the beard balm into the beard: This involves massaging your fingers against the skin underneath your beard so that the balm gets all the way down to the roots. After, run your fingers from the roots to the ends of your beard to fully coat all your beard hair.
- Brush/comb your beard hair: Comb through your beard in a downward motion to detangle the hair and brush all the hairs in the same direction. In fact, regularly brushing your beard can help train the beard hairs to grow straight and in the same direction.
- Use beard-balm daily incase you have a dry skin & beard hair: Beard-balm moisturize your beard hair and the skin underneath. So, consider using a moisturizing beard balm that contains moisturizing oils in-order to keep your skin and beard in good condition.
Advantages of using beard balms:
+ They soften your beard.
+ Protect and moisturize the skin.
+ Protect your Beard from the Elements.
+ Eliminate beard dandruff & beard itching.
+ Balms help in styling and taming your beard.
+ They provide some volume to your facial hair.
+ They make your beard to look healthier & shiny.
+ Beard balms will keep you smelling as good as you look.
+ Beard balms gives your mane the hold it needs to look neat & stay in shape for hours.
+ Beard balms help to stimulate healthy growth by conditioning the facial-hairs & moisturising the skin underneath.
Disadvantages of beard balms:
– Irritation & allergic reactions.
– Some balm formulations may cause skin-irritation.
– Some of these products may suppress facial hair growth.
– Some beard-balms contain synthetic fragrances that are not natural & not healthy.